I’ve done it again folks! I don’t know why it takes me such a long time to complete these nomination requirements. But here I am making it happen today at last. So back in February I was nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Mohit Agarwal who runs the blog Jaunting Journeys. His blog that documents his travel adventures through written experiences and photography.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Story of how I started:
I was traveling before I started my blog. I would usually take photos and store them in my phone, never printing them or losing them all together. What inspired me to start my travel blog was my first European trip last May, to be exact. I visited Finland and Sweden and wanted to document my adventures in order to keep a memory of them and share them with others. This idea took on a life of its own once I got married over the summer and decided I wanted to turn my love for writing and travel photography into a blog. So here I am with this beautiful thing I can call my own. I’m happy that I’ve been able to share so many experiences with people interested in my blog content. My blog highlights my many passions which include food, travel and engaging in various cultural experiences. Stay tuned for more adventures.
Advice to new bloggers:
- My first advice is to have fun. Blogging can bring many rewards. This can include professional or financial rewards and compensation. But, its important to blog for yourself. I find it to be very therapeutic. I also find blogging fun and exciting. Its something new for me as I’ve been working in a different field of education for several years now. It was a dream for me to combine my love of travel with writing and photography.
- My second piece of advice is to remember that social media is the key to blog growth. Its important that you stay active on social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Engage with your followers, get to know them and let them get to know you. Be authentic. People can easily spot when you are not.
- Travels With Talek
- Wanderfilled Life
- World in Paris
- The Tales of a Traveler
- The Mormon Adventurista
- All Gud Things
- Woody World Packer
- 48 Stops
- Mackinaw Road
- The Girl at the Airport
- Five for the Road
- Wanderers Hub
- World Outside
Congratulations to all of you. Know that you have been nominated because I found your blog to be engaging and useful not only to myself, but to the many people who follow my own blog.