Tasty Vegan Recipes
My choice to try a vegan lifestyle had nothing to do with consciousness for animals, I’m going to be honest here. I began this journey for my health. I was over 80 lbs overweight and decided I was going to take my life back. I made a conscious decision about enjoying food without shortening my lifespan. With that said, the journey has not been easy and I’ve had many slip ups and relapses, but I’ve learned a lot about my body and learned a lot about what works for me and what doesn’t. Deprivation was not going to work, so I looked into options that would promote a lifestyle change rather than a “diet”. While I’ve been home part-time thanks to my husbands support, I’ve tried creating several vegan recipes, some for breakfast, some for dessert and some that were even gluten-free. I’ll be adding vegan recipes I’ve done at home and some shopping list tips for saving while eating vegan. As a foodie I try to create recipes that are not only beautiful and pleasing to the eye, but absolutely delicious and full of nutrition.
*My weight loss update is now 10lbs in two months!
My Vegan Shopping List *Sometimes I have to hit several different stores but it works!
- Go Veggie Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Earth Balance Gluten Free Vegan Butter Popcorn
- Now Foods Organic Coconut Flour
- Bobs Redmill Almond Flour Meal
- Bobs Redmill Flaxseeds
- Go Veggie Vegan Cream Cheese
- Wholesome Sweeteners Blue Agave Nectar
- Earth Balance Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Swanson Organic Vegetable Stock
- So Delicious Coconut Milk
- Organic Shallots, Spinach, Carrots, Celery
- Organic Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas, Raspberries
- Garden of Eatin Organic Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Vegan Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator
- Crisco Vegetable Shortening
- Vegan Egg by Follow Your Heart (pictured below)
What I purchased this week!
Check my most recent recipe for October 2016
- Thai Curry Chickpeas with Basmati Rice